Thursday, December 07, 2006

Working girl

So last week's huge dump of snow and supposed "Snow storm" left Ty without work for most of the week. He worked Monday, and then was off Tuesday. He figured he would be off for the rest of the week, so we were talking about what to do to make up the money lost. He finally phoned his boss and asked if there was any painting to be done, as the have a painting department as well as framing. Dean was happy to hear I was available, and said that there was work if I wanted it. So Wednesday morning he picked me up and we headed to Ladysmith, about 20 minutes south. The weather was not the nicest, but being from Alberta I've seen much worse. That day was the worst one we had, and it snowed quite a bit. I worked the next two days as well, while Ty was home being Mr. Mom to all 4 kids. He had an easy time, since school was closed 2 out of 3 of the days, so he didn't have to be taxi very much. He did a good job with the kids, but it took me all weekend to make the house look like it would if I had been home all week! lol It's Thursday now, and the snow is melting fast! Probably aided by the beautiful weather we had yesterday....it was 10 above! Anyway, so I am now a casual worker for Dueck, and whenever the weather is too bad for Ty to work, I will be. I wouldn't mind working a bit more, but it's kinda hard to find a babysitter that is willing to pick up and drop off 4 kids! I'll most likely wait until September when Kiara is in preschool a couple days a week and then work those days. Well, look at the time! I need to get Austin's lunch ready and get him to preschool! Bye for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's so funny that the schools close down for snow. I think there were some schools closed here as well. I only remember there being 1 day that the school closed for snow when I was in school. It was that HUGE snow dump we had in March one year. It was above your knees and no one could even drive down their drive ways let alone get their kids to school.
It's just snow for pete's sake. We see it every year. :)

Stephanie said...

It's so true!! lol But the people here get way more paranoid about it then in Alberta...this was the largest snowfall and biggest "blizzard" in 10 years here! But the snow is way worse here, cause it's so wet and heavy and hard to shovel...and they see it so seldom they're not used to it!